Life Long Benefits From Our Painting & Drawing Classes
3. The practice of reflecting thoughts on a paper helps children to learn clear thinking. Clear thinking facilitates children’s brain on systematization and critical thinking
4. Another lifelong benefit of painting is emotional restoration. It can help releasing stress by disengagement from present and entering into the world of excitement
5. Over time and after a good progress your child will realize about their capabilities which will improve their confidence and self steam.
At Sis Enrichment Center students learn how to draw and paint like an artist.
They learn and develop the ability to draw anything with complete certainty and control which is the key to improve their confidence.
Our lesson plans consist of multiple stages with fun and creative activities that encourage students to think out of the box and create their masterpiece.
After improving their drawing skills, students will be introduced to different types of paints and techniques such as:
While colored pencils were once considered to be primarily for kids, throughout the years they have been steadily gaining respect amongst artists, galleries, and collectors. Artists are exploring the creative potential of this art-making medium, while art collectors and enthusiasts are wondering at their output!
Also known as literati painting, is an East Asian type of brush painting of Chinese origin that uses black ink. We teach students how to apply more or less pressure on their brushes to make darker or lighter strokes.
Acrylics are good for beginners. They are easy to work with because they’re thicker than watercolor paints. Because of its thickness, it is easy to blend with other colors and easy to control when painting on canvas. Acrylic dries quickly and turns into plastic.
Gouache is a type of paint that’s very similar to watercolor paint but also has characteristics of acrylic paint. What makes Gouache different rom watercolor paint is that it contains chalk to make it more opaque and reflective and thus is heavier paint. This type of paint comes in a large variety of colors and is therefore extra useful for poster art and comics.
They come in 4 forms: hard pastels, soft pastels, pastel pencils, and oil pastels. They are held in the same way that you would hold a pencil. There are multiple techniques for pastels such as :
- Drawing with the end of a pastel
- Using the edge of a pastel
- Hatching and cross hatching
- Blending pastels
- Scumbling pastels
- Feathering with pastels
- Dusting with pastels
Of all the painting processes, watercolor painting is known for its inherent delicacy and subtlety because watercolor art is all about thin washes and transparent color. There are multiple techniques to watercolor some of which are:
- Wet-on- dry watercolor technique
- Dry-on – dry watercolor technique
- Dry-on-wet watercolor technique
- Flat wash watercolor technique
- Gradated wash watercolor technique
- Variegated wash watercolor technique
Oils are the thickest paints and easiest to control. They however take days to dry. There is just something about oils that make that medium the king of all mediums. Oils can hold a great deal of pigment, which is why oil paintings can be richer in color than some of the other mediums.